Thank you for buying tickets. We take everyone’s safety seriously at the Bash so before taking payment we would like you to read and accept our terms and conditions, and code of conduct which we have tried to make as straightforward as possible.
Terms & Conditions
The Terms and Conditions apply to anyone attending the Big Bike Bash 2018 (the Event) organised and run by Action Academy (the Event Organiser). Purchase of a ticket acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and an agreement to adhere to the Code of Conduct by the participant including any young persons in their care for the duration of the Event.
1. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the Event and those of any young persons for whom they have purchased a ticket. This includes the arena, campsites, and any other area of the Avon Tyrrell site at any time of the day and night during the Event and including but not limited to racing, practice and any recreational activities on or off a bicycle.
In the absence of negligence or a breach of duty of care I accept that Action Academy and any person involved in the organisation and running of the Event are not liable for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions. This does not affect my statutory rights.
2. Each participant, upon purchasing a ticket, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of participating in any activity during the Event. If I have any medical condition/s, including allergies, which the Event Organiser or Event medical advisors might need to be aware of, I undertake that I will let the organiser know prior to the Event. I accept that Action Academy reserve the right not to accept a participant’s entry to the Event if they judge the condition/allergy is beyond Action Academy’s capability to provide a safe environment.
3. The purchase of a ticket to the Event must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested. Participants under the age of 18 years will be allowed to participate in the Event with the consent of their parent or legal guardian who must purchase a ticket on behalf of the underage rider. Purchasing a ticket is also an acceptance for the actions and consequences of the underage rider.
4. It is mandatory that all riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet when riding a bike at any time during the Event. Any rider not wearing a helmet will be asked to comply with this condition. Action Academy reserve the right to refuse entry to any activity to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing. Inappropriate cycles only are permitted in the Inappropriate Bike Race
5. The participant confirms that the bicycle they are riding during the Event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/road worthiness for any Event activity.
6. Participants should exercise caution at all times when riding at the Event and respect the mixed abilities and confidence of riders they may encounter particularly on the XC and Short Track courses.
7. I accept that restrictions may be placed on and access limited to some activities in the interests of the safety of all participants at the Event
8. Any marked route is shown for guidance only and Action Academy do not insist that you use the route shown. Therefore, if the rider chooses to ride a section, it is entirely their own choice. If they choose a different route to avoid obstacles or sections they decide are beyond their capabilities, they do so entirely at their own risk.
9. There are warning signs at appropriate points on the trails which must be heeded at all times. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
10. Riding after lighting up time is not permitted on the XC route except in marshalled activities run by the Event Organiser. Riding on the Short Track after lighting up time is permitted with suitable lights but all children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
11. I accept that riding on the gravity track at any time by any participant including children is only permissible if an Avon Tyrrell led induction course has been undertaken.
12. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services on your own, this decision may be made for you by others. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
13. Whilst the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, I accept that I must take all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of my person and of my property during my participation in the Event.
14. In the event of injury or loss suffered by contact with another rider Action Academy accept no liability.
Action Academy strongly recommends each rider organises their own personal insurance and liability cover.
15. Action Academy reserves the right to cancel the Event or a specific activity within the Event due to extreme weather conditions or Force Majeure.
16. Should the Event be cancelled prior to commencement then Action Academy will make every effort to refund the ticket price. However we would like participants to remember that this is a charity event and we ask them to consider making the ticket price a donation to UK Youth once any cost incurred have been recovered.
No monies will be refunded if the Event is cancelled after its advertised start time and date.
17. Smoking including e-cigarettes is not permitted in the arena area except in the designated smoking area or on any part of the Avon Tyrrell site where No Smoking signs are displayed. I accept that breach of this policy could lead to being asked to leave the Event.
18. I undertake to drink responsibly and not to purchase alcohol for under 18s
19. Each participant hereby grants to Action Academy an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants to Action Academy the right to use and publish such content in any and all media. The participant hereby releases Action Academy from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Action Academy. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at the Event.
20. All decisions and rulings by Action Academy, the Event Organiser and its agents are considered final.
21. Action Academy reserves the right to vary these Terms effective immediately upon posting on the Site.
22. A person who is not party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
23. These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Big Bike Bash Code of Conduct
During your stay at Avon Tyrrell Outdoor Activity Centre, we kindly ask that you adhere to these rules for your own safety and the safety and enjoyment of others.
Please Use Common Sense – If you are a nuisance to others and cannot abide by these rules, we will have no hesitation to remove groups from the site without refund.
Please respect other guests around you during your stay.
No dogs or pets are allowed on site for the Event.
If you are on a bike, WEAR A HELMET - at all times on site.
No fires are permitted anywhere on the site unless on provided concrete hard stands.
If you wish to use a BBQ during your stay, please ensure that it is kept off the ground when in use, and is properly extinguished after use.
Know where your nearest Fire Assembly point is in case of an emergency.
When possible please consume food and drink purchased from our outlets in the ‘Arena’ ¬as all profits go to the charity.
All rubbish/recycling should be disposed of inside the skips/bins provided.
Please ensure nothing is left next to any of the skips/bins provided, as these can attract wildlife.
A skip can be found at the entrance to the campsite, and an additional skip and recycling point can be found in the car park by reception and also behind the main marquee. Please note: Guests leaving large quantities of rubbish will be charged for its removal.
Do not play loud music at any time and keep noise levels to a minimum at night.
We have a quiet period from 11.30pm until 7:30 am.
As we have large numbers of people on site; including small children, please only cycle on the designated tracks and always wear a helmet and please keep your speed down (be prepared to stop at any time) outside of the organised races.
Parents/Guardians ¬please accompany and supervise your children. Supervision is also suggested for those new to off¬-road riding.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order, pay particular attention to the tyres, brakes and gears. There’s a shop on site that can help here you need it.
Know your limitations. Off-¬road cycling can be fun and challenging but can be hazardous so don’t try any stunts or tricks you can’t do or have never tried before.
Please restrict vehicle movement on site, especially late at night
Self Catering Lodges
Please also note that to comply with our insurance certification; self-catering accommodation is sold with a maximum upper limit of occupants.
Guests must ensure the maximum numbers are not exceeded. All self-catering guests and campers are NOT permitted in the main house at any time.
Damage to self-catering lodges or Avon Tyrrell property will be invoiced to the named person responsible for the group or party without exception.
Please ensure you abide by all out of bounds signs and do not enter areas of restricted access.
Please ensure you are aware of all water hazards on site, and take any necessary precautions to ensure the safety of your group.
As well as having direct access to the New Forest, our land also borders a number of private properties so please respect this. If you are unsure of our boundaries please ask.
In fairness to our housekeeping staff, we kindly ask that you leave ample time to pack up and depart your lodge accommodation so that arriving groups can check in on time. Your departure time is 10am.
Additional Information for Campers
Please ensure you pitch your tents at least 6 metres away from neighbouring groups and lodges, and at least 3 metres from others within your own group.
Campers are welcome to stay pitched till after the Prize Presentation on Monday. Campers in camping with a view MUST VACATE BY 6PM MONDAY - this is land which is borrowed from our neighbour.
Please be aware of the risks of Lymes Disease (from ticks) and Weils Disease (from water courses) which can occur in the New Forest. Reception can give advice on these if you have any concerns. Should you experience any problems during your stay please report them immediately to our reception staff or BBB Volunteers in lime green.
Northshore, pump track and gravity areas
The gravity track can only be used after you have received induction training from the Avon Tyrrell instructor. This includes use of the track outside times of races run by the Event Organiser.
The north shore is a bit green and slippery and must not be used during the Event.
Thinking of doing the lake jump and/or lake activity sessions during the BBB?
Our instructor covering sessions on the lake is available to brief participants but here's some key points of extra information to take note of before you decide to proceed: When participating in watersports there may be some natural hazards you may come across like sharp stones or fishing hooks on the bottom of the lake, potential water¬borne illnesses or risks such as drowning and hypothermia.
However these are rare and with a bit of care and management certainly should not stop us from enjoying sessions. By following a few simple rules we can stay safe AND enjoy all that the great outdoors has to offer!
If you have any unhealed cuts or grazes cover them up with micropore tape/waterproof plasters
Wear suitable shoes and clothes for the activity
Avoid prolonged swimming in the lake or drinking lake water
Once the safety equipment is on (like buoyancy aids), don’t adjust or play with it, ask an instructor first Wash your hands, face and body after sessions ¬ there is a shower block next to the lake
If after the session, even after a few days, you start to feel unwell perhaps with flu¬ like symptoms and are at all worried, see your GP¬ make sure you explain where you have been and what you have been up to.
DO NOT WEAR LIME GREEN TO THE BASH ¬unless you want too many spend hours helping the event go like a dream.
Out of office hours please contact the On Call member of staff who can be contacted using the emergency phone point outside reception, or by calling 07743 559344.
Please note our rules are to ensure everyone’s enjoyment, please abide by these and remember we are only able to help if we are aware of the problem.
Most importantly, HAVE FUN ¬and don’t be an idiot.
NO DOGS OR CATS ALLOWED FOR THE EVENT PLEASE AND ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!
Please adhere to this or we’ll ask you to leave with no refund. That includes the family that hide their dog in the tent all day. What a rubbish weekend for the dog!
LINK TO THE TICKET PAGE BELOW